One of the most crucial parts of a car is the braking system, and when there is a problem in any area of this, it can affect the stability and control of your vehicle.
Not only do they wear through use, but a vehicle’s brakes also generate vast amounts of heat, couple this with the Houston climate, and any good mobile mechanic would tell you it can lead to a brake failure at some point.
Here are a few pointers from the professional mechanics at Mobile Mechanic of Houston of how to spot a brake problem.
Brake Problems Signs and Symptoms
- You push on the brake pedal, and your car veers to one side.
- You press the brake pedal, and it takes much longer before your car comes to a halt
- There is a delay when you press the brake pedal, or the pedal feels soft and spongy underfoot.
- You push on your brake pedal, and your foot goes to the floor.
- You have driven over 12,000 miles,or it’s been 12 months since your brakes were last inspected (recommended mileage or period level)
- You are near, or you have gone past the prescribed number of miles the manufacturer recommends between brake fluid changes.
- The brake warning light on your dashboard stays illuminated which indicates brake wear.
- When start braking, you hear grinding or squealing noises.
Houston Mobile Brake Inspection and Service
Our mobile mechanics check all of the following during brake service. If there is a need for any replacements, our mechanics will show you the problem area and receive confirmation before commencing with the work.
- Measurements of wear and the condition of the front and rear brake pads.
- Measurement of any rotor wear.
- Measurement of drum wear and condition.
- Brake fluid tests and level checks.
- E-brake (Parking Brake) inspection.
When all the checks have been carried out. Our highly skilled Houston-mobile mechanics will provide you with a report and explain any work which needs to be carried out.
- Installation of any new brake pads or shoes
- Resurfacing (if possible) or replacement of brake rotors or drums
- Change of brake fluid and brake bleeding
- Replace worn brake lines, hoses, or other brake components
Mobile Brake Fluid Change
Brake fluid doesn’t stay effective forever. When there is continual heat or temperature fluctuate, it can break down through contamination due to condensation and moisture buildup. Our mechanics check that the fluid has plenty of life in it using a strip dip brake test.
Bleeding the Brakes
Rotors or Discs
No matter which part of the braking system comes to us for a repair, our mechanics are hugely experienced in fixing any type of problem. They have access to the very best OEM brake partsso all brake repairs will be as good as if not better and quicker than if your vehicle went to a dealer. We also know, our brake service cost comes at the most affordable rates possible.
Fast And Efficient Mobile Vehicle Repairs
We bring the shop to you!